BBCNEWS FEED

Movies

A WORD TO THE WISE

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Who will paint me a Bamenda

Talking of nostalgia? Now who will paint me a Bamenda, the beautiful town where I grew up. I so miss home.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Atang, I've painted you a Bamenda. I sat at the Handicraft co-op and painted New Layout a few times.

I recently painted Ntembessi Junction. But I don't know how to post photos in this comment (?)

Maybe today I will tackle that view from Upstation? I remember walking up there on a Sunday morning, but I stopped MANY times along the way to photograph that ridiculously beautiful view. A good excuse to stop and catch my breath.

I'm look forward to my next visit to that most beautiful part of the world.

Unknown said...

Oh my! How sweet Frances. But men...! How do you know all these places? I almost got a heart attack when I saw the comment. Jeez people know the beautiful town probably more than those who were born there. I am so happy, in fact you made my day. I will work on figuring how you could post it. I would so love to see your painting. How much did you paint it for, $20? LOL.

Thanks.

Unknown said...

I lived in Bambili for a couple of years a long time ago (my dad was teaching at CCAST). I've been back to Bamenda twice (not enough!), with my mother in the '80s, and in 2008 with my sister. Bamenda gets under your skin.

Here are some paintings I did when I was there.